Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Seattle!

Today I'm off to Seattle for a few days to visit my good friend Jodi. I was there over Christmas and New Years and had a fantastic time, and I know I'll have a fantastic time this trip, too. I also know the food will be amazing because Jodi is a ridiculously good cook and gourmand, and she has a Bradley smoker on her balcony she is not afraid to use!

This is the bourbon and orange marinated hickory smoked chicken she made on New Years Day:

This was so good you'd pay top dollar for it in a fancy restaurant, I swear.

Jodi is also famous for cookie breakfasts...(yes, we ate this for breakfast - several days in a row)...


...And epic turkey dinners with enough food to feed an army (there were two of us). The turkey she brined overnight - look at the colour it has!


I'll save the fondu photos for another time because I don't want anyone damaging any keyboards out there with all the drool I'm sure these photos are creating.

And of course, there is Starbucks in Seattle! This is the original, across from Pike Place Market. I snapped some photos but didn't go because there was always a huge line-up out the door! Luckily, on the walking route to Jodi's from Pike Place, there are plenty of Starbucks to choose from and they didn't have line-ups!

The West Coast adventure continues. And...I'm also going to Seattle again in April!

5 comments:

crazytigerrabbitman said...

BREAKFAST COOKIES!! You're shittin' me right? Those are two of my favorite words in the English language being used in tandem. Here's a challenge for you (if you're up for it), can you put a healthy spin on that concept that I could make for post-morning workouts?

If successful, I will erect a full bronze statue in your likeness in my kitchen.

Wandering Coyote said...

LMAO! That would be a great challenge, actually! I'm not sure how tasty it would be though!

Jodi said...

Oh there's nothing remotely healthy about breakfast cookies, I can assure you :)

Can't wait for the fun to begin!

crazytigerrabbitman said...

I will leave it in your capable hands. :)

Wandering Coyote said...

Are you into whole wheat sugar cookies? :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin