Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lemon Scented Pull-apart Coffee Cake

Hot on the heels of my pumpkin/cinnamon pull-apart loaf from the other day, I had another pull-apart bread experience, this week in Seattle, that was just as exceptional. My friend Jodi, whom I am visiting, made this lemon pull-apart loaf Thursday. She had some issues with the dough - it needed a lot of flour added to it because it was too sticky - but the results were just great nonetheless.


Jodi made a marscapone glaze for this loaf instead of the glaze in the rec

ipe. It was very good. She didn't think it was that great, or that it went with the bread that well, but I certainly enjoyed it.

Here are some photos. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Jodi said...

Sorry but massive amounts of hate for that dough. The recipe was very very off -- I weighed the flour, which should have eliminated all but minor environmental factors, but this was a complete mess. It's a nice concept and beautiful technique, but I'd never make it again as written.

Wandering Coyote said...

I know you hated this dough, but in the end, it worked out - and that's the whole point! You know how to fix a dough when it needs fixing which shows your experience & knowledge, and that's a good thing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin