Saturday, September 04, 2010

Life Is Good...

My good friend Pierce, AKA Tina Marie of Life in the Slow Lane at Squirrel Head Manor, gave me a wonderful tribute in a recent post, and bestowed upon me something entitled the "Life is Good" award.

I have met tons of great people through blogging, both this blog and my regular blog, and Tina has become such a great friend to me, such a source of strength and encouragement, that I really feel blessed to have her in my life - even though we have never met! So, thank you, Tina, for being there for me, for your support and for your constant friendship! I do hope we can meet in person one day in the not-too-distant future!

Of this award, Tina says on her blog: "The rules are, to accept this award, I shall answer the 10 questions below and pass the award to six fellow bloggers."

I may not be passing this along...I don't normally do that part of these awards, but I will answer the 10 questions!

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?

I am only semi-anonymous, though I started out wanting to be completely anonymous. It's easy enough to find my name out if you've been reading this blog (or the other one) for any amount of time. I am happy with this, however, or else I would never give the hints to my real name. It's only been a problem on my other blog, which is why I changed the site over to WordPress & took it off search engine crawling.

2.
Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

Just one? Really? Hmmmmm... I have so many examples it's ridiculous. But let's stick with something simple: putting together furniture. I buy a piece that comes in a flat pack, and I will NOT give up on it until it's up and functional, even if it takes all night, even if the instructions are ridiculous (like Ikea's), even if I can't hammer straight - you name it!

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the face in the mirror?

Very complicated question. I see a Plain Jane who is pushing 40 and showing it.

4.
What is your favorite summer cold drink?

Simple: iced tea or girly cocktails! And frappuccinos!

5.
When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

I go lay down on my super comfy new couch (which came assembled!) and watch TV all day. Or I read & listen to music. I used to take long baths, but in my new place, there is no tub, only a cramped shower stall. :(

6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

I have a lot of things I want to accomplish in life, and I feel time is running out with some of them. I want to get married & have a baby. I want to travel. I want to write a novel. That is my starting list.

7.
When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the class shy person, or always ditching school? Describe who you were if not one of these.

I was the quiet kid who actually got along with her teachers and was thus labeled a brown-noser. I was also the bullied kid who was drastically marginalized & traumatized.

8.
If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what do you see?

Never mind!

9.
Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

Both.

10.
If you had the choice to sit and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

God, I love a good chin wag on the phone and I don't do it often enough! But I also like to read. Either or.

So there you go! Thanks again, Tina!!!

2 comments:

Tina said...

You deserve awards Miss Coyote....and I hope we do get to meet one day before we are both using walkers! You are far away but I gotta tell ya, the great northwest and Canada are on the "to-see'one-day" list!

Judith said...

Lyn is all excited about yet another choc chip cookie recipe!I'm sure very soon I will be munching on these as she is DOWN to ONLY 1 container of cookies in her freezer!Thanks to Earl it's also cooled off enough to use the stove.Just what I need is more choc chips on my hips. Why don't they ever go on her hips?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin