Monday, July 12, 2010

Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Toffee & Dried Cherries

The contractors are still here building our new deck/porch thingy, and the other day I had the time to do some baking for them, which is something they always appreciate. After my review of In the Sweet Kitchen, I was really inspired to make these cookies from page 503 of that book, and I still had some dried cherries leftover from Jodi's amazing parcel. I am now down to a precious few dried cherries, so I am totally hoarding them until I can find another source! I would use cranberries if you can't get hold of the cherries.

Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Toffee & Dried Cherries, from In the Sweet Kitchen by Regan Daley

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dried cherries
8 oz bittersweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
1 cup Skor bits

1. Preheat oven to 350F Line to cookie sheets with parchment paper.

2. Do the whole cookie dough thing: cream, sift, combine, scoop.

3. Bake for 15 or so minutes, but underbake for sure to get a fudgier cookie.

There were totally excellent! I loved them! I kept a few for myself and gave the rest away, and the contractors were really grateful. I can't believe I put off making this recipe for so long.

I forgot to take a picture of the full batch of the recipe, so I only got a shot of the last two I had on hand when I finally remembered to take a photo.

5 comments:

Bob said...

Nice, I love fudgey chocolate cookies. Heh, I hate it when I forget to take pictures before something is almost all gone. At least with cookies it's not a half eaten pizza.

Donna-FFW said...

These sound absolutely fantastic, I am such a fan of the chocolate/cherry combo!!Were the contractors hot?;)

Wandering Coyote said...

@ Donna: Contractors are hot but taken! :(

Carla and Michael said...

Yum! Chocolate, cherries AND TOFFEE. Delicious.

Tina said...

I could eat a dozen of these bad boys. Wow- those look fantastic!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin