Friday, November 27, 2009

Family Dinner: Veggie Curry & Chicken Kebabs

You might recall the wonderful gift that my good blog friend and fellow foodie Palidor sent me last month. It contained a packet of Palidor's dad's own homemade curry powder, and I thought it would be great to share this with my own family, who are quite partial to curries. My SIL, Shan, suggested a veggie curry to go with some chicken kebabs she was making, so that's what we did. The results were amazing!

Here's what I did for the veggie curry.

Veggie Curry with Palidor's Dad's Curry Powder

1 onion, sliced
1" piece of ginger, peeled & grated
several cloves of garlic
3 tomatoes, diced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 large carrot, sliced
a couple of cups of sliced mushrooms
1 can coconut milk
1 tbsp curry powder
cilantro

1. I sauteed the onion and ginger in some olive oil until the onions were nice & soft & translucent. I then added all the other veggies and sauteed them until they cooked down. I added the curry powder and let this all cook for a bit. The fragrance rocked! Everyone's mouths were watering and we couldn't wait to try the curry!

2. Near serving time, I added the can of coconut milk & the garlic & simmered for a few minutes until we were ready to rock 'n roll. I garnished with cilantro. I had made some nice rice to go along with our meal, too. The end result:
What beautiful colour! And it tasted awesome! Everyone was totally in love with this!

Shan made chicken kebabs by marinating chicken strips in some Greek yogurt, paprika, garlic powder, and lemon. Then she threw them on the BBQ. They were great! It was a fabulous meal all around, and we even had naan to go with it.Thank you so much, Palidor, for sharing a piece of your family with me and my family! This was a great gift!

10 comments:

Palidor said...

Heehee, the title of your dish made me giggle. That's quite a mouthful, isn't it? Glad everyone liked it! The chicken kebabs look great. I bet they went well with the curry.

Anonymous said...

I love a good curry. Do we have Palidor's Dad's Curry recipe? This looks delicious.

NKP said...

Mmm, this is my kind of dinner! Wonderful.

monicajane said...

oh...the curry really is a gorgeous color and a gorgeous meal all around...yum

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

This all looks so good. I love the recipe for the veggies... Excellent use for the curry!

Wandering Coyote said...

Highlands Ranch: I don't have the recipe for the curry powder, but you could ask Palidor if she has it.

Dewi said...

love the color on your curry, it's so appetizing. You are lucky to received a homemade curry from Palidor. Congratulation!

Snooky doodle said...

those kebabs look delicious :)

Chris said...

God, I could eat a plate full of the chicken alone! Nice job. If you ever need a tandor, I could bring my egg over ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG That looks incredible... thats such a beautiful curry ! and a brilliant combination...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin