Friday, October 23, 2009

Sexy Marbling

I made a ton of cookies at work the other day, chocolate chip and Dad's. For some strange reason, the Dad's cookies spread a lot; this happens from time to time and it's a real mystery to me and the other staff who make them. Everyone has had a similar experience. We make the exact same recipe, yet sometimes they spread a lot. Such is the life of a baker.















I also made a marble cake. I haven't done a lot of marbled cakes in my life, but it's kind of fun!When I took it out of the oven, Cook said, "Wow, that's sexy!""Sexy?" I've never had anyone say that about anything I've made! I was really happy.

Alas, the cake required icing...

Ah well. The picture is all I need.

12 comments:

Palidor said...

Sexy? Now that's an adjective I've not heard for describing marble cake. But hey, it works! The cookies look sexy too! :-)

Donna-FFW said...

Need I tell you, I can find sexiness in anything, well, anything except maybe the man who is gracing my blog in the box today!

Love the swirls.

Anonymous said...

I think that marbling looks "hot"

Anonymous said...

What a lot of baking WC...did you bake all this in just one day ? That's a LOT of baking ! I have never heard of Dad's cookies before. Hm...and that sexy marble cake looks really great... the swerves are sort of symmetrical in pattern and looks like you intended those curves to be that way, doesn't look random as it usually does when making a marble pattern.
PS : I have an award for you !

Cathy said...

OK...that cake looks awesome. I'll go with sexy :)

Tina said...

I've never heard sexy paired with marbling....maybe with a ribe-eye steak...nah...

As usual you made a great looking treat.

Hey, we tried your lemon basil; chicken...REALLY good. I hope I have time to upload photos before I leave today.

Bob said...

Wow, that's awesome marbling! I can't marble to save my life.

Coleens Recipes said...

Beautiful design on the marble cake. I had to laugh at your "sexy marbling" label. I instantly pictured someone scantily clad and playing marbles...haha.

Dewi said...

Sometimes when I do marbling for the cake, they end up blending together. I think I should agree that yours look pretty sexy.

Reeni said...

That's not a word that is used often to describe a cake! That's funny and nice. The design does look cool!

Emily Rose said...

HAHA, that's awesome!! I agree that food can definitely be sexy! The swirling did turn out beautifully!

Unknown said...

Your cookies look so darn perfect! I'd definitely eat enough to gain a pound or two :). Loooove the cake, too...your technique definitely produced one sexy result!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin