Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Heat is Still On...

The heat is still on and I haven't been doing any cooking or baking, though I have put some chicken stock on in my crock pot for a meal tomorrow. The heat wave is supposed to break tomorrow, though it is about 7C cooler today than it has been for over a week. These oven-like temperatures have seriously impinged upon my favourite creative outlets, and this blog!

Today I had a special treat: one of my bestest friends ever and her sister came through town and we were able to have a really nice visit and lunch together. I haven't seen this friend in two years, though we are in touch over the phone & email. It was great to see her! I recommended the Sunshine Cafe for lunch, since they are so reliable and decently priced.

As usual, I had the clubhouse with fries - excellent as always!
My friend had a chicken burger, but dug in before I could get a photo; she ordered it with the salad of the day, which was spinach with bacon & sauteed mushrooms with blue cheese dressing. She was really happy with it. My friend's sister opted for an all-day breakfast item: omlette with chorizo and some other stuff, served with toast & homemade hashbrowns. She was also happy. So, more Sunshine Cafe converts...if only they lived closer!
Hopefully, regular posting will resume shortly.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Your pics of the food there always look fantastic. That clubhouse is divine. And those hashbrowns? THey certainly didn't come out of a bag...no sir! YUMMY! Glad you had a nice visit with your friends.

Creative Classroom Core said...

Looks yummy to me!

Donna-FFW said...

Nothing like playing catch up over a yummy meal. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Tia said...

where's sunshine cafe?
the heat the past 2 days has been bearable here in coquitlam. whew!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin