Monday, July 06, 2009

The Chocolate Orchard

This is the last post about last week's trip to Creston.

One of the places I really wanted to go on this trip was the place known as "the place that sells all the chocolate-covered fruit." My dad didn't recall the name, but it became obvious as we drove down Creston's fruit stand strip: The Chocolate Orchard (again, no web site, unfortunately) - 2931 Highway 3, Ceston, BC.

Oh, what a place! Far more than a candy factory, The Chocolate Orchard is also a restaurant, deli, bakery, fruit stand, garden centre, and cherry orchard.

To begin, the chocolate covered fruit. There was quite the variety and it was not cheap: $3.98/100g. I realized I couldn't have everything I wanted to sample without it costing me a small fortune, so I had to make some tough choices. I took some chocolate-covered blueberries, apricots, blackberries, and tart cherries. Even though I tried to be reserved, I still wound up plunking down nearly $20 for my goodies - but man, were they worth it.

There was also a TON of salt-water taffy, but since I'm not fond of it, I didn't buy any. The Chocolate Factory also makes fudge and a variety of other chocolate and non-chocolate treats.

This place sells some of the most amazing-looking pies I've ever seen! It was really hard to not purchase one of the huge varieties on offer, but what would I do with a whole pie, single gal that I am?
Additionally, there were artisan breads...
...And a whole whack of jams, pickles, spreads, preserves, sauces, dips - you name it...
It's a pretty amazing place!

10 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What an awesome place!

Cheers,

Rosa

Jodi said...

"This place sells some of the most amazing-looking pies I've ever seen! It was really hard to not purchase one of the huge varieties on offer, but what would I do with a whole pie, single gal that I am?"

Clearly it is NOT PMS time, or you'd know the answer to that one ;)

Dewi said...

You are the lucky one to had a chance to go to this place. Love those arrays of jams, preserves, etc. So neat!

Bob said...

Mmmmmm, pie. That place looks wicked cool, I wish I could go!

Donna-FFW said...

I WANNA GO!!!

Coleens Recipes said...

Sounds like my dream store!

Reeni said...

What scrumptious goodies! I think I could browse through there for hours!

Tina said...

I would totally eat that pie with you! That's a great place. Reminds me a little of the Amish farmers markets where I grew up in southeastern Pennsylvania. Something for everyone.

BondiJack2017 said...

Do they sell Y & S Licorice? You know, the kind where it looks like either a pipe or a cigar?

Wandering Coyote said...

Jack: Ummm...I really don't recall...Sorry!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin