Monday, March 02, 2009

Magazine Monday #30: Butterscotch Pudding

I'm eating a lot of pudding these days. I think it's because pudding is real comfort food for me, and I seem to be in need of comfort food more and more these days as the freaking winter drags on and on in these parts. The Feb. 2009 issue of Gourmet has been chock full of recipes that I've used for Magazine Mondays recently, including Mexican Chocolate Pudding, the Paprika Roast Chicken, and I plan on making the Hush Puppies one of these days, too. This week's recipe for Butterscotch Pudding came right at the beginning of the issue, but I missed it during my first few reads. When I happened upon it the other day, I was excited to see yet another pudding recipe to try!

The recipe for Butterscotch Pudding is here.

Well, this was totally easy to make, but although I did use dark brown sugar, my pudding turned out quite pale. It also set up very firmly - more firmly than I normally like pudding; I think I might reduce the cornstarch amount the next time I make it. As it was, this would have made a perfect pie filling. Finally, the flavour was quite delicate for butterscotch, but I guess I'm more used to strong-flavoured butterscotch a la Jello. Still, it was a nice flavour; I'm not complaining. Besides, topping just about anything with chocolate chips improves the flavour greatly.

Another hit! I'd certainly make this again.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Mmmhh, that sounds very promising! Delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Donna-FFW said...

Well, it certainly looks delicious! I should try one of the puddings. I have the issue. Thanks for reminding me of these!

Meg said...

YUM! Butterscotch pudding is my absolute favorite!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

This is a great looking pudding. I like your magazine Mondays.

creampuff said...

Butterscotch pudding is a realy comfy food for me, too! It's delicious!

threesidesofcrazy said...

This looks scrumptious! YUMMY!

Wandering Coyote said...

Thanks everyone!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin