Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Firefighter's Chicken Mutz

Donna - FFW of Tasty Treasures, a blog I love, posted this recipe for Chicken Mutz on Sunday. It looked so good and simple to make that I was immediately inspired to make it, and I did so tonight. (I also had some left over mozza to use up, though I had to scrape the mold off...) I cut the recipe down to a single serving, and as I had no bread crumbs, Italian or otherwise, I used a few crushed triscuits - a tip I picked up from my roommate. The result: excellent!

Chicken Mutz (a la Coyote)

1 chicken breast
2 - 3 strips of mozzarella cheese
3 Triscuits, crushed
1 tbsp low fat mayo
1/8 tsp each paprika, basil, and garlic powder
salt & pepper

Season chicken with salt & pepper. Cut a pocket in the chicken breast and insert the mozza strips. Place chicken in a baking dish and close the pocket as best you can. Spread mayo all over the chicken and then sprinkle the crushed Triscuits over the top. Sprinkle with spices. Bake at 400F for 20 25 minutes or until done.

I served mine with some roasted nugget potatoes and some stirfried bok choy that my roommate had offered me. It was a great dinner. Thanks Donna - FFW!

I encourage you all to check out the original post for the mouthwatering photos!

7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Really mouthwatering that chicken!

Cheers,

Rosa

Mam said...

Thanks for helping me decided what to cook for supper tonight. I've been reading Tasty Treasures since you first blogged about her sight. She is a hoot!

Cathy said...

Looks great!! I may have to give this one a whirl pretty quick.

Donna-FFW said...

I am so thrilled that you enjoyed it, wonderful changes. My husband will be beyond thrilled. I cant wait to show him this pot. He'll think he is the new Bobby Flay or something. Thanks for the shout out.. I so appreciate it!!

Sara said...

This looks so good, I was drooling over it on Donna's blog and I'm drooling over it here too!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Wouldn't I love to have this dish right now!!

Elyse said...

Yes, Donna's blog is totally fabulous. I was totally gahgah over this recipe as well, so I'm super glad you made it. Yours looks totally delicious! More proof that I need to make this recipe soon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin