Friday, February 20, 2009

Family Feasting

I thought, for a quick Friday post, I'd share with you some food made by other members of my family. We recently had a huge family feed and my SIL and my dad provided most of the food. My brother BBQed, and I brought some of my mini marble cakes for dessert.




My SIL, Shan, made these super yummy shrimp salad rolls, served with a homemade dipping sauce made with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic.











Shan also made this soba noodle salad with a dressing made from fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic.









Dad made this green salad full of all kinds of goodies (many of which, like the cherry tomatoes and blue cheese, I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole,but it's a nice-looking salad nonetheless).













The main star of the evening was my dad's buffalo burgers, which were fantastic, as usual. The guy does a great burger, I must say.






And then where was this...We still have no idea what it is. Well, obviously, it's a sausage, but Dad couldn't tell us what it was. He was cleaning out his freezer when he found a package labeled "B.U. & Onion Sausage." He assumed it was buffalo sausage, but as Jem and I sliced one opened, we were pretty sure this was no buffalo sausage. The meat wasn't dark enough. And it certainly wasn't beef. My dad was at a loss, but he said it had to be some kind of game meat if it wasn't buffalo or beef. Whatever it was, it was kind of bland.


Have a great weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

You guys sure know how to eat! Most of that stuff looks yummy, including your dad's salad.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Everything looks delicious!

cheers,

Rosa

Milla said...

You don't eat cherry tomatoes???

Wandering Coyote said...

Milla: nope, not a fan of tomatoes in general, though I'm getting better at eating them on sandwiches in restaurants. I do like tomato sauce and things made from tomatoes, though. Weird, I know.

Tina said...

It's been said before but, wow, that does all look amazing. I'd love to try all of it.

I have saved many of your recipes through Foodbuzz - that recipe box thingee. Very helpful at home.

Wandering Coyote said...

Pierce: thanks so much. I must admit, I'm not a savvy FB user; I just haven't been bothered to spend the time to learn how to use the site to its full potential.

Tina said...

Here is a site you ought to check out:

http://cookthebooksclub.wordpress.com/
Between your talent as a cook, and your geat writing style, you would enjoy participating in this online bookclub. I had a good time reading the book, Language of Baklava, and making something inspired from the reading. You'd be great and I think, have a good time with it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin