Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Curried Veggie & Chicken Pasta

A couple of months ago, I had a really tasty curried pasta dish with chicken and veggies at The General Store Restaurant, located in the Hume Hotel in Nelson BC. It was part of a lunch buffet they were putting on while their kitchen was being renovated. The dish was really excellent and I wanted to try to replicate it at home. Here's what I came up with. (It might have had coconut milk in it, but I can't remember exactly...)

Curried Veggie & Chicken Pasta

1 zucchini, diced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
2 cups penne, cooked according to package directions
about 1 tbsp curry paste (I use Patak's), or to taste
3/4 cup light sour cream
a couple squirts of lime juice
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

While pasta water is coming to boil and while the pasta cooks, saute the chicken in a little oil until done. Remove it to a plate or bowl, and add a little more oil, then add the veggies. Saute them until tender and have released most of their liquid. Return the chicken to the pan. Add the curry paste and stir to combine. Add the sour cream and lime juice. Drain the pasta and add the chicken mixture to the pasta. Add the cilantro and stir to combine everything. Serve.

Well, this wasn't as good as the Hume Hotel's version, but it wasn't bad, either. I like the combination of pasta and curry; I'm so used to curry served with rice and this made a nice change.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love this kind of East meets West dish! delicious!

cheers,

Rosa

runny_yolk said...

mmm delish--I always like pasta and curry together.

Meg said...

I will eat pasta any way you serve it! This looks delightful!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

This looks quick, fast & yummy.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin