Monday, January 19, 2009

Magazine Monday #24: Fish in Tomato Sauce

In flipping through my recipe binder looking for something completely unrelated to dinner or fish or anything like that, I came upon this recipe from the April 2007 issue of Canadian Living, accompanying an article about sustainable fishing. Apparently, tilapia is sustainably raised and harvested, and is one of six recommended eco-friendly seafood choices. The recipe was simple and involved things I more or less had on hand. It's a shame my local overpriced grocery store didn't have any tilapia in stock when I went to get some yesterday afternoon. I had to use basa instead.

I have a difficult relationship with basa, since it was something we served with way too much regularity at the retreat centre worked at a few years back. When I quit that job, I thought that I could happily live without any more basa in my life. Alas, it was the only decent substitution I could afford when it came to making this dish. In the end, it worked out very well and I was happy with how it turned out.

Tilapia and Tomato Sauce.

This was a simple, quick, and very tasty recipe that I'll definitely be keeping in my binder!

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Healthy and delicious! I love Tilapia!

Cheers,

Rosa

Meg said...

I love tilapia and this looks delicious!

Debbie said...

This looks so good, can't wait to try it. Thank you for this one.

creampuff said...

Tilapia is actually one of my favourites but I don't eat it nearly enough. Thanks for the entry!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin