Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Solstice Menu

Christmas is the worst time of year for me for various reasons, but luckily I have a cool family who are willing to compromise with me on the whole gift giving thing since I live on a small budget. This year, instead of buying everyone gifts, I'm going to make a really nice meal on the Solstice, AKA Yule, which falls on December 21. I have done this before in other places I've lived and it's gone over very well, and I usually make something really fancy that isn't turkey or ham, since we get lots of that on Christmas Day anyways.

Here is my proposed menu, barring additional inspiration, new ideas, new recipes coming to light, etc.:

Chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese and sundried tomatoes, wrapped in prosciutto

Brie & Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding

Roasted winter veggies

Salad

Tres Leches Cake

7 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds delicious! Any chance of scoring the recipe for those chicken breasts?

Wandering Coyote said...

Yes, I'll send the recipe when I actually create it!

Meg said...

It all sounds delicious, especially the bread pudding!

Joanna said...

i think everyone will appreciate the meal. that's a really cool thing you're doing. presents are too overrated anyways. i'm baking everyone bread because i am broke!!

the onion bread pudding sounds awesome!!!! i can't wait to see pix of that.

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a great gift! Delicious food, great company.. way better than a nick-nack..

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That's a great gift! Yummy!

I have no family to spend Christmas with (only my boyfriend), so I don't have to buy gifts (thankfully, as we both have to live on a small budget) ;-P...

Cheers,

Rosa

Milla said...

Well Coyote, you leave me NO choice but to fly over and have dinner with you all.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin