Friday, November 07, 2008

More Larabars

Last month, I did a review of some Larabars I found after an exhaustive search of stores in my area. I first found them at Save-On Foods in Nelson, and during a shopping trip there yesterday, I picked myself up a few more. They don't have much of a selection at this particular store, but as I was killing time in uptown Nelson as my dad yakked with a travel agent, I stopped by the Kootenay Co-op and found that they have quite a few more types of Larabars than Save-On. They were more expensive - $2.19 as opposed to $1.99 at Save-On, but I decided to treat myself.

So, I got the Cocoa Coconut bar and the Pecan Pie bar. I had the cocoa one for a bedtime snack last night and the pecan one for breakfast this morning.

My verdict: both were great, but my preference was the cocoa one (surprise, surprise). It was chocolatey and coconutty, and I thought it was excellent. The pecan one was softer and oily for some reason, and although it tasted great, I wasn't keen on the texture.

Once again, thanks to Megan of Megan's Munchies for getting me on to Larabars!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin