Monday, November 10, 2008

Magazine Monday #15: More Cookies!

This week's contribution to Ivonne's Magazine Mondays movement is a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that comes from Canadian Living's October 2008 issue - the one in which they plug their rather disappointing cookbook that came out this fall. Surprisingly, this recipe is available on the CL web site even though it appears in the cookbook (unlike some others I could mention), only under a different name and with the slight variation of 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup shortening instead of a full cup of butter.

I used one of the variations, namely the reverse chocolate chip one, and I used a package of pink M&Ms I scored on discount at the grocery store last week (yes, I realize I'm a month late with the breast cancer awareness thing, but never late than never, right?).

So, the original recipe can be found here.

These were a pretty good cookie, actually. A little more crisp than I normally like them, but that's a small thing. They could have used a few more M&Ms in them, but that is also a small thing.

Into the freezer they go!

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What unusual cookies! I bet they taste really good! I've never seen those M & m's before...

Cheers,

Rosa

Meg said...

They look good. I would probably prefer them a little less crisp too, but that wouldn't stop me from eating them! Love the pink M&Ms.

Emily Rose said...

the cookies look so cute with the pink m&ms- I know what you mean about crisp cookies- but I can assure that I'd still be happy to sample a few!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin