Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Pesto Bread


Pesto Bread
Originally uploaded by wanderingcoyote.

I made this using half a recipe of the basic white loaf contained in the bread baking tutorial post, adding 3tbsp of Classico pesto with the liquid ingredients. Since there's been no sun today, I didn't rise this in the window, or in the oven for that matter. I let it have a long, slow rise at room temperature. This took just over an hour. Before putting it in the oven, I glazed it with milk. The loaf smelled completely amazing as it baked, and it tasted just as amazing when it was baked and cooled. Tomorrow, I might try making pecan feta bread since both are on hand here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! And I'm so thrilled to see you posting again!

Wandering Coyote said...

Thanks, Ivonne. I hope to post more often now that I have time on my hands. I haven't been making the rounds to my foodblog friends in a long time, and I hope to get around to that more often now, too.

tshsmom said...

OOOOO...I'll bet that would make fabulous garlic toast! YUM!

mister anchovy said...

I've been making a lot of bread too (a loaf this afternoon in fact)...I've been baking it outside on a green egg bbq, which does a super job - and adds a hint of smokiness.

Wandering Coyote said...

tshsmom: yes, it would make excellent garlic bread!

Mr. A: I bet baking it that way would be awesome! I knew a guy who used to make these flatbread/bun-type things on the BBQ and they were great...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin